Sunday 11 October 2009

A shaming, but honest, admission.

A wonderful Hamlet. A Zerbinetta absolutely nailing it. Bernadette Peters singing Sondheim. Pele passing to to Maradona who passes to George Best who volleys in from 40 yards to win the league for Fulham. A sketch written by Fry, Laurie, Peter Cook, the Pythons and Victoria Wood, and performed by Eric Morecambe and Ronnie Barker.

I have this evening realised- and this is speaking as someone who finds dance basically weird and pointless- that I'd trade any or all of the above for a really, really well-executed tap number.

1 comment:

Duncan said...

Now I do do find that odd. I share your view of dance, finding it largely a preposterous activity (unless - possibly - as part of a wooing process), but trading those gems for a tap dance is really going too far. How could you? Damn, now I want to see that sketch!

American or English, BTW?